- This event has passed.
Duct Performance Certification – Atlanta, GA – 190219
February 19 @ 8:30 am - February 21 @ 4:30 pm
Why You Should Attend
Today, many homeowners experience problems that HVAC equipment cannot solve. A contractor who understands the “House as a System” approach, has a “leg up” on the competition. Participants in this class leave with a better understanding of how problems can be diagnosed and what they can do to repair them. This class covers a great deal of technical information, but attendees will also learn basic lead generating and lead converting techniques.
This three-day intensive technical class focuses on the problems and opportunities created by duct leakage, poor design and installation. In addition, this class covers other duct system challenges: e.g. high static pressure, low air flow, poor insulation, poor terminal selection, closed door pressure imbalances. The participant will have an understanding of airflow, how to design/size and install a duct system, how too properly use a ductulater for sizing and back engineering and why it is important to have a proper size duct.
All attendees will receive a Comfort Institute Duct Performance Certification by completing and receiving a passing grade on our certification exam. All attendees will also have the option to take the Retrotec DTC exam for an additional $75.
What You Will Learn
- Impacts of duct leakage on system efficiency and comfort in layman’s terms
- Why high efficiency variable speed & 2 stage equipment is most affected by bad ducts
- Impacts of duct leakage on dust, IAQ and combustion safety
- Why “basement ducts” inside the house still need repair
- How to present your findings positively as “opportunities” not “problems”
- Six ways to demonstrate and measure duct leakage compared
- Manual duct sealing materials and techniques
- Aeroseal duct sealing process explained
- How to seal building cavity returns
- Quality control duct sealing testing-out options compared
- Impacts of low airflow & poor duct insulation on system efficiency and comfort
- How to measure and interpret external staticpressure & drop across filters and coils
- Effects of duct sealing on static pressure and airflow
- Basics of replacement duct design and common mistakes to avoid