- This event has passed.
Home Performance Crash Course – Phoenix,Az – 191217
December 17, 2019 @ 8:30 am - December 18, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
This two-day intensive technical class is for HVAC contractors stepping up to home & duct performance. Participants learn the fundamental skills to perform diagnostics and repair.
What You Should Know
Today, many homeowners experience problems that simple HVAC equipment cannot solve. A contractor who understands the “House as a System” has a leg up on the competition. Participants in this class leave with a great understanding of how problems can be diagnosed and what they can do to repair them. Although the class is technical, attendees will also learn what it takes to generate leads and close more sales. In addition, this class gets you prepared for the BPI written exam. Get prepared…you don’t get involved in home performance because of programs…but home performance allows you take part in programs that come up. In order however they require certification and the BPI certifications is what they want. So sign up…get your people trained turn problems into sales and be ready.
What You Will Learn
- Fundamentals of building science
- “Whole Home” Approach
- Rules of air, heat and moisture flow
- Air infiltration driving forces
- Construction/pressure/energy terminology
- Infiltration/duct leakage/closed door impacts on building pressures
- How dust, humidity, comfort, utility bills & CO enter the home
- How to interpret blower door test results
- How to determine thermal/pressure boundaries
- Performing series pressure diagnostics
- Infrared camera use and interpretation
- How to perform BPI Carbon Monoxide, spillage, CAZ depressurization & vent draft testing
- Air infiltration repair materials
- Insulation properties, R-values & U-factors
- Attic & crawl space renovation processes
- Utility bill disaggregation, baseload savings
- BPI BA & EP Standards interpretation
- The fundamentals of the DTC (duct testing) certification protocols for the field exam
This course qualifies for 8 BPI CEU’s and 16 NATE CEU’s.