It's that time of year again - we all give careful thought and consideration to our New Year's resolution.
What's it going to be this year...Exercise more? Eat healthier? Stop procrastinating?
How about resolving to make your home more energy efficient? We have a few tips to help you get 2017 started off right!
- Have an energy audit conducted in your home - an audit is a great way to see where your home stands and where improvements can be made
- Seal it up - look for air leaks around windows and doors and use caulk and weather-stripping to stop those drafts
- Seal the ducts - according to Energy Star, 20 to 30 percent of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes, and poorly connected ducts
- Check out your water heater - lower the thermostat on your water heater to 120F. Water heaters are the second highest source of energy use in the home.
- Utilize insulation - approximately half the homes in the United State are under insulated
- Install a programmable thermostat - this device can save about 10 percent of your home heating/cooling cost and keep you more comfortable
Call us today - we can help make your home more comfortable, energy efficient, and save you a little money.