This 4-day intensive technical class is for HVAC contractors stepping up to Home & Duct Performance. Participants learn the fundamental skills to perform diagnostics and repair, and are prepared for the optional BPI Building Analyst and Envelope Professional online certification exams on Day 5.
Who Should Attend?
This 4-day intensive technical class is for HVAC contractors stepping up to Home & Duct Performance. Participants learn the fundamental skills to perform diagnostics and repair, and are prepared for the optional BPI Building Analyst and Envelope Professional online certifi cation exams on Day 5.
What You Will Learn
- Fundamentals of Building Science
- “House as a System” interactions
- Rules of air, heat and moisture flow
- Six air infi ltration driving forces
- Construction, pressure, & energy terminology
- Infiltration/duct leakage/closed door impacts on building pressures, dust, humidity, comfort, utility bills, CO & IAQ
- Hands on Blower Door, Ductester, Manometer use
- How to interpret Blower Door test results
- How to calculate BPI Building Airfl ow Standard
- How to determine Thermal/Pressure boundaries
- How to perform Series Pressure Diagnostics
- Hands on Infra-red camera use and interpretation
- How to perform BPI Carbon Monoxide, spillage,
- CAZ depressurization & vent draft testing
- Air infiltration repair prioritization & materials
- Insulation properties, R-values and U-factors
- Attic & Crawlspace renovation processes
- Utility bill disaggregation, baseload savings
- BPI BA & EP Standards interpretation
BONUS Marketing and Implementation Sessions:
How to sell testing & Options for blending Home Performance into an HVAC business
The Learning Center has 5 lifesize mini-houses. Participants get to set up and operate all the test instruments needed to perform a BPI Home Performance assessment: e.g. blower door, infra-red camera, combustion analyzer, ambient CO monitor.
None other than junior high school math ability. Registrants are provided ahead of time with a pre-class Study Guide andBPI standards. CI Member & CI Duct Performance Partner companies with access to CI’s 70 Technical Training DVD/Online Video Library are provided with a recommended viewing list. Attendees will learn more and do better on the exams if they at least unpack & orient themselves on their test instruments ahead of time. Class qualifies for 18 BPI CEUs.
Optional BPI Online Exams
Attendees may stay on to complete the BPI BA and/or EP proctored written online certifi cation exams. Additional fee applies, laptop computer is needed. Full BPI Certifi cation also requires a later Field Exam; contact CI for options.
Class Fee: $1400 + Exams
• Comfort Institute Members: No Charge
• CI Duct Performance Partners: $700 (50% off list)
• $100 Lunch & Lab Fee applies to all attendees
• Ask about other affi liation discounts
• Optional BPI Written Exam Fees: $225 each additional
• 100% Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee